Sunday, June 15, 2014

Seize the Birthday - Summertime



I am spreading my wings and submitting to more than just a couple of challenges.  This card is for Seize the Birthday with the topic of Summertime.  So what a great way to start summer with a string bikini and a glass of lemonade.  There was a time when I would have worn a bikini (string was not invented) but those days are looooong gone.  Nowadays you will not see me in a swimsuit unless I need to be in the pool for physical therapy, it is dark outside and no one is around but me and the mister.  I am serious.

The image was stamped on Neenah and colored with Copics and At You Spica.  I used Nestabilites circle die for the image and the mat.  A second piece of Neenah was dry embossed with the newer SU!/Sizzix folder Decorative Dots, this was trimmed and the bottom corners rounded.  I attached the bikini image with mounting tape.  The sentiment was stamped and matted. Lastly I attached the embossed piece to a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock.

Stamps - Penny Black 3476H Cheers!, Savvy Stamps 784D Cheers to Your Birthday
Paper - Neenah, SU! Pretty in Pink
Die Cut - Nestabilities Circles
Embossing Folder - SU!/Sizzix Decorative Dots
Copics, Memento ink

10 comments:

  1. What a darling card and I totally hear you about bathing suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been very kind with your comments Alanna. Appreciate how you look in a bathing suit while you can.

      Delete
  2. Thanks you for visiting my blog and your kind comments. Your card is so much fun - made me giggle :).

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee! That cow makes me giggle! What a CUTE image and you've colored her so adorably! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahahaha! This is what I would look like in a bikini! Those days of even just a 2 piece are gone! Just loved your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun card! Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable. I really got a laugh out of it. I feel the same as you about bathing suits and bikini's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just had me chuckling, Barb ... what a fun card ... so cute and such amazing colouring! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Babs and what a great fun image too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that party animal and just love making cards with her - I often color her bikini pink, too! It's a great color on her! I love everything else about your design, Barb, which showcases her in the best possible way!! Good luck with the new challenge and good for you to venture out to more challenges! There are a lot of fun ones out there!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete