
Well isn't this special. Miss Darnell has so many members in her fan club (500 and growing) that she has begun her first challenge. As a loyal follower of Darnell who I refer to sometimes as Irma Iowa it is imperative that I submit a card. The challenge states to choose a NBUS item and I have chosen this adorable Penny Black stamp which has no name. Personally this stamp is a good representative of Darnell as she is a friend to all (note bird on Kitty's head), a marvelous photographer and pictures of Darnell always show her with a friendly smile.
The challenge suggests your card be in the style you are most comfortable making and for me that is using Copics. Many of the cards I now make for challenges have little coloring so I am delighted to make a challenge card with coloring. Also Darnell asks that you write a comment to fellow cardmakers who are participating in this challenge and I think that is a grand idea.
The image was stamped on Neenah paper and colored with Copics. The top layer was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and then I die cut the center. The sentiment was stamped and mounted onto a snippet of paper.
Stamps - Penny Black #4319J, Precious Remembrance sentiment New Day
Ink - Memento and Copics
Paper - Neenah, SU! Soft Sky
Die Cut - My Favorite Things Pierced Circle
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Diamonds
Other - blue crystal bling, At You Spica clear pen
.jpg)
Love your adorable NBUB card! Such beautiful coloring and I love that sentiment.
ReplyDeleteYes, that fire went down to the 210. We were all safe but with the wind it was very scary at the time. The Grand Prix fire left us with way more black ash damage. Poor SD not as lucky. Take care.
Lovely card. Perfect for Darnell's challenge! Thank you for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute and even though I don't have any Penny Black, I have long been a fan of their images. You did a great job creating a card with that cute kitty!
ReplyDeleteThank you Verna for your kind comment.
DeleteOh, this is so adorable, Barb ... and what a wonderful sentiment! How fabulous to see your awesome colouring skills to the fore once again! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOops, sorry Barb, don't know what happened there, I appeared twice ... and now three times! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute card this is! Darnell had a great idea for us to meet new people as well as see fabulous cards by talented card makers. I, too, have been married 47 years, have two sons and four grandchildren, 2 of each and my hobby is cardmaking! Maybe we are twin souls. It's nice to "meet" you and hope you'll drop by my blog too.
ReplyDeleteAw, you say the nicest things, Barb! Thank you so much for your kind words and for joining in my NBUS Challenge! I love when you color and I'm glad you responded to that part of the challenge and did what you love best. You have a real talent for it and it shows on this adorable card! That little birdie analogy was very sweet; it also reminds me of Hammy sitting on my head!! Thanks, again, my friend. I appreciate it very much!! Hugs, Iowa Irma!
ReplyDeleteThis is ever so sweet and adorable. Great card!
ReplyDeleteNeat card and representative of Darnell. She is special as is your card.
ReplyDeleteThat Kitty has to be the cutest kitty ever :) Your colouring skills are just amazing. So glad I visited you because your card made me smile :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautifully coloured. I'm just stopping by from Darnell's challenge but you could also enter this into our Penny Black & More challenge this month - fav stamp or craft item, would love to see you there. http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.co.uk/
ReplyDeleteLinby x
Love PB critters and this kitty is adorable. Lovely job using it.
ReplyDeleteAwww sooo cute!! I love that image and you really rocked it!!
ReplyDelete