This is a special card I made to send to a young girl who was involved in a horrific carnival ride accident. When I read the story today on line I called the hospital to see if cards can be sent to this brave young girl. As such I made this card and I am submitting it to both the June CAS Mix Up Challenge and the current CASology with the cue word of sunshine. You can read about Lulu if you Google Elizabeth "Lulu" Gilreath.
I die cut the sun and the dino which I colored with copics. The background was sponged with distress inks on watercolor paper.
Stamps - Paper Smooches "Cuteasaurus," "Summer Lovin" (sentiment)
Die Cuts - PS "Dino's 2", Lil Inkers "Sun"
Ink - Distress Inks, Memento, Copics
Paper - Neenah, watercolor

Stamping, Die-Cuts, Sponging, Copics

Cards can be mailed to:
Elizabeth "Lulu" Gilreath
Room 6473 - Nebraska Medicine
P. O. Box 6159
Omaha, NE 68198

Oh, Barb, what a sweet card to send to Lulu. I saw her on TV the other day and she is a brave and delightful young lady! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a horrific accident, Babs. That poor girl. How sweet of you to send her this fun card and cheerful card. I'm sure it will bring her joy. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, what an adorable card, Barb, with sensational color sponging! Secondly, thank you for the information on Lulu. You are one of Earth's angels!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteWonderful card, and you are so sweet to send it to Lulu. Love that dinosaur. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.
ReplyDeleteWell, the card is sure to cheer Lulu, how very sweet of you. I love the background, and the fun die cuts are deifnitely a ray of sunshine on this sweet card. Thanks for playing along at CASology, too!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet, fun card, Barb ... and what a lovely soul you are to send it to Lulu ... and to let us know her details! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteI heard about that accident - so awful! Lovely of you to think of her and send this along. That sweet dino soaking up the sun is sure to bring a smile to her face. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
ReplyDeleteSuch an adorable card - so kind of you to send it to her. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card...just love your sweet little dino!
ReplyDelete