The background for this card is a stencil but I was not happy with it when I made it and it was placed in the UFO box. This charming bird was stamped and heat embossed and water colored. In looking for some background paper look what appeared and it looks like bird footprints. Next I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and then attached the bird which I had fussy cut. I matted the card in black card stock and then attached to white.
Stamping - Heat Embossing - Watercolor - Fussy Cutting - Stencil

Stamps - Dina Wakely Media Clear Stamps "Little Birdies," SU! "Simply Wonderful"
Paper - Watercolor, Michael's 110#, SU! Black, Neenah
Inks - Distress, VersaMark
Stencil - Spellbinder Card Creator "Leaves a Fallin"
Other - Embossing Powder

I does look like bird footprints, Bab! :) Perfect match for your sweet watercoloured bird. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx
ReplyDeleteSo clever to use your background from your stash for your birds background. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up Bab.
ReplyDeleteWho'd have thought your UFO'd bird footprint-looking background would be so perfect to showcase this sweet bird, Barb! Clearly, your creative eye saw the link ... and saw the fabulous balance with the soft watercolouring ... it's just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteYour background is perfect with this pretty bird, Barb! Sometimes that UFO box is a treasure chest! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteYes, your background does look like bird footprints! Great use of something from your stash. And your cute bird is so well coloured! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.
ReplyDeleteAh, don't you love it when the card fairies appear and direct you towards just the right this or that to make a card complete?! Well done to you, too, Barb, for seeing what they were trying to tell you. That background was meant for your charming bird!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete