Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Psychedelic Card


Recently I received an order of products and among the items I bought were two stencils from MFT. Immediately I got out some distress inks and began to play and when I finished this piece I decided it had the look of the psychedelic 1960's. Actually I had another card in mind to use this background paper, and not for this blog hop, but then when looking at my growing "coffee" collection I chose these two cups. After trimming the piece I stamped and heat embossed the cups and the sentiment. One of my favorite color combinations is orange and turquoise so I selected SU! pumpkin pie cs to add a little more pop and then attached to white cs.
Many of you are too young to know or remember the 60's but it was wild and crazy time and although I am in the age group my husband and I remained straight-laced (he was an aerospace engineer). Having said that I did wear a mini dress at my wedding and white fish net stockings. Wow that was 49 years ago next month.
I like my psychedelic coffee card and hope you do too. 

Stamps - MFT "Missing You a Latte", Stamplorations "Sketcy Coffee Cups"
Stencil - MFT "Chunky Herringbone"
Paper - Neenah, watercolor, #110 white cs (Michael's), SU! Pumpkin Pie
Other - Distress Inks, VersaFine, embossing powder

13130832_10209657747231052_7266796962897251339_o




30 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love your psychedelic background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card l, love your background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun card, Barbara...cool design! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea using your design paper to stamp on...cool and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great!! I love the retro look
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card...fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing background for sure TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the colourful stencilled BG, it compliments the outlined stamp images perfectly. FAB card. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it does give off a 60's psychedelic vibe. But it works, nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your psychedelic inspired Bg with cute stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Groovy, Barb ... and fabulously funky ... definitely a 60s vibe ... it's brilliant! Any chance of a photo?? Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun retro style card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun stamped background! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that retro look too
    lovely distress ink sponge behind the cups
    sweet card
    happy hopping :)
    my card in the gallery are #61, #257 and #491 (with Candy)
    see you there maybe :)
    Crafty hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your psychedelic card looks fabulous! Love these bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfect 60's inspired card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great design with the offset panels and psychedelic background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool and fun design with all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary, Barb! Wow, one year short of 50 years!! Hang in there you two, you'll make it!! Another fun card for the hop and nice reminder of some good times we had in the 60s, even though we pretty much fit into that straight-laced category, too! I mean, Cal and I are from Iowa, after all! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. The stencil is fun colored with those bright colors. Really a retro look. :)

    ReplyDelete