This is my first time submitting to Time Out and this challenge is caseing Karen Dunbrook.
Karen's cards are always an inspiration to me and I have learned many techniques that she so graciously explains. For this card I stenciled a Christmas tree but that is not how I am using it. The stamped sentiment says "try something new" and that is what I am doing using the tree just as a shape. I did not want a Christmas card, just a stenciled shape with a bold sentiment. I used two colors of distress ink and Versafine and trimmed the focus piece and attached to the base card.
Stencil - Artplorations "Christmas Trees"
Distress Ink - Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive and VersaFine
Stamp - Unity "enjoy, explore, believe"
Paper - Michael's white card stock


Welcome to Time Out, we are pleased you found our challenge. Fabulous to see Karen inspired you to try something new and love how it turned out. Your sponging looks grea and the sentiment stamped over the stencil is really bold. Hope to see you again at TO
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great take on Karen's card. I love that Christmas tree stencil!
ReplyDeleteWonderful two tone graphic sponging, Barb ... and such a brilliant (and true!) sentiment! A fantastic take on Karen's card! So delighted to have you playing along with us for the first time at Time Out ... do come again!! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you could play along with us at Time Out! I love this tree...such a clever take on the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your HM at TIME OUT! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, well done on CASEing Karen and playing along at TIME OUT, Babs! Oh, and lookie there - you earned an Honorable Mention!! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete