Thursday, November 26, 2015

MERRY MONDAY # 181 - Blue, White & Texture


This may be my favorite Christmas card for the year. On watercolor paper I smooshed distress ink and sprinkled on water. When the paper was dry I stamped the tree with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. This piece was matted onto blue card stock. I die cut the words in blue cs, and dry embossed the tree folder and all components were assembled.  

Paper - SU! Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, water color
Stamp - PTI "Through the Trees"
Embossing Folder - Paper Studio "Woodgrain"
Die Cut - Paper Smooches "Christmas Words"
Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Chipped Saphire, Pine Needle, Rusty Hinge
Other - VersaMark, White Embossing Powder




This is a second card I made using different colors.



Thanksgiving Blessings to all.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, I see why you like it so much. I really like the greenish one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful scene, Barb! Love the distress background and the gorgeous trees! You've chosen the perfect embossing too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, Barb - just love the winter scene over the embossed woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful winter scene on the embossed woodgrain. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, your winter scene is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your design is gorgeous in both colourways, Barb ... the combination of dry and heat embossed texture in the woodgrain and trees is fabulous! Hugs to you, my friend, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are equally pretty with the different colored backgrounds! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful, particularly drawn to the second one but thats just cause its my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete