Thursday, August 20, 2015

STAMPLORATIONS BLOG: August Challenge Mid-Month Guest Designer




In June I submitted a card to the Stamplorations Blog with the cue word of Stamps and Washi tape and I was chosen as an Honorable Mention.  Along with that honor was the opportunity to submit a card as a guest designer for the Mid August Stamps and Watercolor challenge.




The process for this card was masking the image with post-it tape onto water color paper and stamping with VersaFine and heat embossing. I sprinkled Scarlet and Purple Brushos onto a large acrylic block. The wc paper was spritzed with water and then I began applying the two colors to the tulip image with more water and a watercolor brush. For the leaves I used distress markers, water and a wc bruch. When the image was completely dry I lightly sponged soft sky ink. The sentiment was stamped with Archival ink. Lastly I mounted the image onto red cardstock and then the white card base.

Stamps - Stamplorations Sketched: Tulips and Vignette: Celebrate Artsy
Brushos: Scarlet, Purple
Ink - VersaFine, Archival, Distress Markers: Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters, SU! Soft Sky
Paper - Swathmore #140 Watercolor, Recollections White CS, SU! Real Red




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Your coloring looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your GD spot, Barb! Awesome colouring ... it feels as though I should just reach out and touch those beautiful tulips! Just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congrats to you!!! So happy and excited for you. Your card is simply stunning. Love those beautiful tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop! I'm so becited for you, Babs! Congratulations on the well-deserved Guest Design spot! Your execution is flawless on this beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete