Sunday, August 9, 2015

CASology: Week 158 PRECIOUS



I had trouble coming up with an idea for this cue word but I was making a get well card for my dear friend using this stamp. Well golly this would work for precious. Why?  Well first of all the image is precious, second the kitty (colored in gray) is like our no-longer-here cat named Mugsy who was very precious. Third my friendship is precious as we have been friends for almost fifty years and we are card-making friends among other things. So this card is headed to Gail who is recovering from oral surgery and is very, very limited in her diet for a whole week. Yuk! I think this Mugsy-type card will bring a smile to her face.

This card is no different than many of my CAS creations heat embossed and colored with Copics, trimmed and mounted onto a second piece of white card stock and a smidge of glossy accents on the flower centers and the bee.

Stamps - Stampendous "Bea Fluffles," Paper Smooches "Party Posse"
Ink - VersaFine, Copics
Paper - Neenah
Other - Glossy Accents




11 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara! I saw this fun little Fluffy cat and had to come day hi! Oh, my, this little image is so precious and sure to cheer up your friend (ugh, oral surgery and limited diet is no fun at all!). Precious friends, precious pets, precious memories, and precious image...I'd say you came up with a great idea for this week's challenge at CASology! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable, I LOVE this, coloring is amazing and lovely!!!! I had a cutie precious kitty on my mind too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious card indeed. Sorry to hear about Mugsy but lives on in your gorgeous card. Your precious friend will love receiving this card, I am sure. A great take on the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on your honorable mention, really deserved it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your very kind sentiments x

      Delete
  4. Yup - totally works for the cue word! I love Fluffles and he's sure to make your friend smile! Although maybe after oral surgery smiling might not be so comfortable… I'm sure she'll be thrilled with the card though. Love your coloring and the touches of shine. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Barbara!! Great card. The cat looks like he is having fun!! Great coloring!! Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When a design works so beautifully, why change it, right, Babs?! And it works wonderfully with your Mugsy-inspired get-well card for poor Gail! She will love it!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous...love your style! Your sweet images are just adorable and your coloring, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara... LOVE you card for our precious cue this week!
    Beautiful coloring!
    Thanks for joining CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww so adorable :) love this !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fluffles brought a smile to my face, Barb ... so I'm sure he did the same for your friend Gail! A precious friendship ... and a precious card ... so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete