Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CASology Week 96 "FLOWER"



This card is for CASology's theme of flower.  The die cut I made previously and it seemed like something I could work with.  First I rubbed SU! purple plum ink on my craft mat and spritzed it with water and then placed a MFT background stamp in the puddle and stamped the image onto SU! whisper white paper.  When the background image was dry I die cut the rectangle with a Lil Inkers die and then stamped the sentiment. The flower was already assembled so I mounted it with mounting tape.  This flower used snippets of paper including plum paper which I had dry embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder and a piece of gold and a piece of green.

Paper - SU! Whisper White, Perfect Plum, and unknown snippets
Die Cut - My Favorite Things "Hibiscus," Lil Inkers "Stitched Rectangle"
Ink - SU! Perfect Plum, MFT Black Licorice
Stamp - MFT background (set unknown), Unity sentiment "Let Beauty Surround You"
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Swiss Dots


8 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the background - really cool! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spritzed background! Great card~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Barb ... the water spritzed mesh background is just gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love your background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, the background looks fantastic, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, see, to me that card looks every bit the same as some of the cards I'm seeing with the stencils and embossing paste! Way to go, Barb, getting the same on-trend look without investing in lots more schtuff. If I can just remember, I am going to look at my grid/patterned bgs and create this same look. The stitching and the embossing on the flowers add tons of interest!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I love how you did the background. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love earlier.

    ReplyDelete