Thursday, May 1, 2014

CASology Week 93 - ELECTRIC




I decided to use this NBUS stamplfrom Unity's stamp of the week.  When I die cut I try to center the negative piece and then file it away in a plastic sleeve that way I may have the shape I will need for sponging.  So I found this oval shape and masked the white cardstock and applied SU! daffodil delight ink with a sponge.  When the ink was very dry I stamped the image and sentiment with Versafine and heat embossed.  A snippet of SU! designer paper was stamped with the shade part of the stamp and then I cut the shade and applied it to the lamp.  Using mounting tape I attached this to colored cardstock rather than another piece of white cardstock.  CAS card that came together easily and no goof-ups in the trash.

Supplies - Unity stamp "Life Brighter," paper - SU! Daffodil Delight and snippet of dsp, Versafine Black Onyx, clear embossing powder, mounting tape 
http://casology.blogspot.com/2014/04/week-93-electric.html

4 comments:

  1. Such an amazing sponged background, Barb ... what a fabulous glow around the beautifully paper pieced lamp! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sponging and masking, Barb!! I love your lamp shade, design, layering, and that awesome glow from your electric light!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I love the paper-pieced lamp shade! The sponging gives such a nice "glow" and goes perfectly with the image and sentiment, too. Love this...so glad you joined us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy thank you. I did not know you had nominated my card. I left for vacation on 5/3 and did not come back until the 14th. I was just wasting time on the computer and found it.

      Delete