
It was important to me to submit a card for this particular challenge because Darnell is the guest designer. Darnell is a special lady and I want to thank her on my blog for e-mailing me and asking if the mister and I were alright during the recent San Diego fires. Yes we are fine but the Carlsbad fire was about five miles directly south of us. San Diego is hilly and full of canyons and Santa Ana winds and a severe drought cause havoc. Our community backs up to a preserve so we too are vulnerable. Ten years ago we had to evacuate our then mountain home and it was the most stressful of times, fleeing the mountain and not sure if we would find our home when we returned. Anyone who has been faced with fires can never give enough praise to the firefighters.
This is a CAS one layer card. I was fortunate enough on our recent vacation to visit My Favorite Things in Florida and one of my purchases was this butterfly die. This card is special because I will be giving it to my granddaughter who graduates from high school next week. How did that happen? I had played with the dies and matching stamp set and I was left with open spaces and thus I used that paper as a mask. On Neenah paper I sponged the butterflies with Distress Ink and when dry I inked and heat embossed the sentiment.
Stamp - Unity "enjoy, explore, believe"
Paper - Neenah
Die - MFT "Winged Beauties"
Ink - Distress Ink "Tumbled Glass," "Spun Sugar", Versafine
.jpg)
So happy to hear everything is fine with you, Barb ... that must've been a stressful time wondering if you were going to be affected. Your grand daughter's card is gorgeous ... such soft, subtle shading and the most perfect sentiment! I'm sure she'll love it! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a delicate pretty design.
ReplyDeleteHeather T
You're very welcome, Barb. I'm just glad that you guys didn't have to evacuate this time and all is well. Your card is really special for your granddaughter! The sediment is perfect for the beautiful design and the colors that you have used for sponging inside your new butterfly die are so pretty together!! Thank you so much for playing in the Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteLOVE the sentiment over the bfly! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!
ReplyDeleteOh my this is gorgeous, love the movement from the butterflies and of course such amazing colors :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!
ReplyDelete