Sunday, May 18, 2014

CASology: Week 95 "SPLASH"




The mister and I just returned from a great trip to the south.  Our former neighbors live about 20 miles from Eustis, Florida and lucky me got to pay a visit to My Favorite Things boutique store.  The town of Eustis was very charming and MFT was as cute as one would imagine it to be.  I spent enough money that my purchases were shipped home and they arrived before me.

The two stamps I used for this card I purchased on my journey to MFT.  First I inked the background stamp with distress ink and then spritzed with water and stamped on Neenah paper.  When the ink was dry I stamped the ship image with Versafine and heat embossed.  I chose a sentiment that I felt fit the size of the stamped images.  Before mounting this piece I used a SU! corner punch.  This was a quick card to make and would be easy to repeat with the other two masculine stamps in this set, an old auto and a train engine.

http://casology.blogspot.com/2014/05/week-95-splash.html

Stamps - MFT "Watercolor Backdrops," "Travel," unknown sentiment
Ink - Distress Ink "Tumbled Glass," Versafine "Onyx Black"
Other - SU! corner punch (retired), mounting tape, Neenah paper

6 comments:

  1. Now this is my idea of a perfect clean and simple card! You used patterned paper, but sparingly, and the white space is abundant! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Actually the patterned paper is a book I set the card on to take the photo, but it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous card!!! Love the way you created the background using distress ink and water. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, Barb! Your background ink/spritz is just perfect for that magnificent ship. An awesome guy card and perfect for the challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created a vintage feel with the distress ink background and stamp yet kept it CAS. Very classy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool background to that elegant liner, Barb ... it definitely makes a splash! Welcome back from your vacation ... lucky you getting to visit MFT ... hope the rest was good too! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete