
This is the first time I have submitted two cards to one challenge. Karen Dunbrook's cards are an inspiration to me and one of her recent cards she used a technique using paint and an embossing folder. I looked at the YouTube instructions (Audrie) and this was one of several pieces of paper I played with. Another new technique and it was so much fun - try it.
So first I was fortunate enough to have the supplies: watercolor paper, Distress Paint and Glimmer Mist. I only had two paints both blue and thought I must have bought them in error because they are paint daubers. From several years ago I had a box of Glimmer Mist leftover from a class. I dabbed paint on the embossing folder and spritzed it with Glimmer Mist rather than water and placed the paper inside the folder and lightly tapped. The look is meant to be blotchy. When the cardstock was totally dry I stamped and heat embossed the image which is a grunge type stamp. Then I mounted the watercolor to black cardstock and Almost Amethyst paper. This stamp is from Unity's stamp of the week. I decided to use this card as a sympathy card to a friend who is an artist and I think she will like the uniqueness of this card.
I recommend you check out the YouTube video, Audrie is GirlGeekLovesStampin and she does an excellent job in her video. Also I thank Karen and any other cardmaker who gives instructions.
Supplies - Unity "Remember Monarch," Tim Holtz Distress Paint (salty ocean, chipped sphire), Glimmer Mist (glacier), SU! paper Almost Amethyst and Black, SU! Honeycomb embossing folder, watercolor paper
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-37-grunge.html
Barb, this is a perfect example of Grunge - thank you for sharing details of the techniques you used. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this artistic card.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your continued support at ATCAS - Sylvia x
What a stunning, grungey background, Barb ... perfect with that butterfly stamp ... so very arty! Thanks for playing along again with ATCAS! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteYou seriously do an beautiful grunge, Barb! I'm so glad you had fun with it! Thank you for the links!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete