Outside our front door we have an old laundry tub that belonged to my in-laws. At Christmas it contains poinsettias and now for spring I have a pot of geraniums. I searched google to find a good photo to use for the colors. Geraniums are one of my favorite flowers and I especially love this color. A friend brought me a cutting and I stuck in the ground and later I replanted it in the pot, not the tub.
On watercolor paper I stamped the image and then used distress inks and an aqua brush. When the image was dry I die cut it and then mounted it onto a lighter weight watercolor card stock. Wink of Stella was used in the center of the flowers.

Supplies:
Stamp - Stampendous "Geraniums"
Die Cut - MFT Stitched Scallop Oval
Paper - 140#, 90# watercolor paper
Inks - VersaMark, Distress
Other - Wink of Stella

Barbara, we have LOADS of geraniums in my garden and they give such a shot of colour - and spread everywhere too. I love the idea of your old tub filled with flowers changing as the seasons do. Beautifully coloured. Thank you so much for sharing your flowers with us this month at the Flower Challenge. Ruth DT xx
ReplyDeleteI love germamiums, too, Barb, and just put them in that rock garden area by the front door. We got them at Costco and they only had red and white ones, but I used to have this beautiful variegated kind and loved them. Your card is an awesome and realistic rendition of them! Unfortunately, we got the worms they can get (look a lot like tomato hornworms) and that was the end of mine. It's been several years, so I'm trying again with the front ones and a few in the back, too. Crossing my fingers. I'll bet your tub looks gorgeous in the summer and then with poinsettias in the winter - great idea! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteGosh you've captured those geranium so beautifully with your lovely watercolouring, Barb ... love the idea of your real ones growing in a former laundry tub! We had red ones in old cognac barrels round the courtyard ... now they've been replaced with strawberries ... so yummy! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteBarbara, I just purchased some Geraniums for my flower pots in red and pink, love this hardy and colorful flowers that look so beautiful all season long.
ReplyDeleteYour card is gorgeous, your water coloring perfect, the scalloped oval die frames them beautifully.
Thank you for playing with THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you join us again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT