This card for CAS Mix Up November I began by stamping and heat embossing the leaf and then water colored it with distress inks and an aqua brush. The image was then fussy cut and then I brushed on several coats of Wink of Stella. I masked off the stencil and then randomly sponged on distress ink sometimes using a light touch and others more intense color. Next I decided to dry emboss to add more texture. After adhering the leaf I assembled this piece onto a white cardstock base. Lastly I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and attached with mounting tape.
Stamping * Masking * Heat Embossing * Dry Embossing

Stamps - Sentiment Sweet 'n Sassy "Rhubarb's Autumn Joys", design stamp unknown
Inks - Distress, VersaFine
Paper - Neenah, Mixed Media, Michael's 110#
Other - embossing powder, Plaid stencil, SU! punch, Wink of Stella

Your leaf is SO PRETTY Babs!! Love the colours and the pretty swirl design of the image. Gorgeous against the masked stenciled background. The embossing adds lots of texture and depth as well. I never think to dry emboss after stenciling a background ... such a fantastic pairing of techniques. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx
ReplyDeleteLove the wonderful texture, Barb! And such a pretty wreath! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteYour bold flower really stands out on the embossed and stenciled background! Great texture and colors on this! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge Babs! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteI love the colors and textures together. Beautiful card, Barb. Maybe I will get to see it in person today!
ReplyDeleteI love that stylized leaf and how you have made it shine, Barb! Your stenciled and textured background is perfect for it!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteBeautiful...love your your gorgeous stenciling...simply perfect!
ReplyDeleteFabulous colour graduation on the stencilling, Barb ... and delicious background texture ... perfect to showcase that lovely swirly veined leaf! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done, CAS! The green compliments your leaf perfectly and adding that dry embossing adds the finishing touch. Thanks for sharing :D Hugs, Joanna
ReplyDelete