Saturday, April 25, 2015

CASology: Week 143 Ombre


 


This is my second post in two months a fall and a broken computer kept me from doing what I love to do - entering cards in challenges.  For this week's CASology with the cue word of ombre I made a card, several attempts, using a stamp set from Unity and SU! stamps. My process was finally selecting three colors of ink and selecting the correct size of a brush stroke stamp. I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it and also the sentiment. After trimming the focus piece I attached it with mounting tape onto a piece of card stock and lastly added a wee pit of bling.

Stamps - Unity "let's get "sip" faced", SU! "Work of Art"
Ink - SU! Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Blackberry Bliss, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - PTI white card stock
Other - mounting tape, embossing powder, bling





8 comments:

  1. I see your comment, Babs, and raise it a full glass!! LOve this sentiment!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card and I love the swathes of purple. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous birthday card. And, I love how you incorporated color with those dramatic brush strokes. So sorry to hear about your fall. Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Barb! Using wine colors in ombre with this sediment is inspired! Well done and good to see you again!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I wondered where you've been...so sorry to hear about your fall and a broken computer, hopefully you (and your computer) are on the mend and feeling better. I love this card, a typical punny Barb card and I LOVE it! Great brush strokes, fun image, great sentiment. Thanks for joining in CASology's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun and funky card, Babs! Totally abstract cool! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun, Barb ... love that the colours in those swooshes are a perfect match for the bottles and sentiment ... yum ... red wine! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is COOL!!! How clever, such a great idea....!!! I ALWAYS love those watercolor type stamps, so FUN!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete