
This is the first card I have submitted to a challenge in about two months. I have not been traveling the globe but instead recuperating from a fall that tweaked my knee and shoulder. Then when I was just beginning to feel a little better my computer decided to act up. A trip to the Geek Squad did not help and they referred me to another repair shop who had my computer for an entire month. The computer now has a new fan and a motherboard. My advice is listen, pay attention, to your computer and have a professional look at it and not your spouse. So now I am ready and raring to go to make and submit cards for challenges.
The image and sentiment are from Unity. I stamped, heat embossed and then colored with Copics. Next I die cut with a square MFT die and this was attached to a second piece of Neenah paper. Some of the rain drops have glossy accents and I also randomly attached some crystal bling.
Supplies:
Unity "Rain or Shine...You're a Friend of Mine" stamp set
MFT Stitched Square die cuts
Neenah paper
Copic markers
Other: Versafine, embossing powder, mounting tape, crystal bling (Michael's)
Apologies for the poor lighting I am out of practice and it is a gloomy day in San Diego - pray for rain.
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-61-showers.html
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-61-showers.html
.jpg)
This is just too darn cute! I love your sweet little chick all decked out for a rainy day.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute CAS card! Love the sentiment and the darling chick! Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your fall and computer problems, Barbara! It's really good to see you posting again and what a beauty you've come up with! Love the way you've colored this adorable image! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Barb! I'm sorry you went through the mill, but it's good to have you back. You were missed! Your card is super cute! We are actually supposed to get some sprinkles overnight up here, thankfully. I've worn out two pairs of shoes doing the rain dance and not lost an ounce. Obviously I'm doing something wrong! Maybe I need to stand up when I'm doing it? Speaking of standing up, I'm glad you recovered from your nasty fall ... do be careful!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteHi Babs. Sorry to hear about your fall and hope you are feeling better and not in pain. I have just gone through that myself ... and also had a terrible time with my computer, so I can relate. Good advice to seek professional help with the computer .. and not ask hubby. Not only helps to get the computer up and running faster, but saves a lot of stress and strain on the marriage! :)
ReplyDeleteYour card is so darn cute! Sweet image that you have coloured to perfection! And I love the little crystals in the top corner. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS.
Welcome back, Barb ... great to hear you're raring to go after your fall ... and that those wretched computer issues are a thing of the past! Such a sweet little chickie ... beautifully coloured, of course ... and a lovely sentiment! This would be perfect for our Time Out challenge going on till Wednesday, if you'd like to link up! Anita :)
ReplyDelete