
This will be my last post for 2014 with this card for CASology and the theme of silver. First I just want to thank all my blog friends for their comments and words of encouragement. Participating in card challenges is my passion, as well as teaching. I have learned so many techniques from other card makers (like Karen Dunbrook) and pass on the information I have acquired to my card making group. I know I have grown as a card maker because of women (men) who share my passion. Any recognition I have received with my cards are so appreciated.
This particular card took a couple of attempts. I wanted to use both these NBUS materials the embossing folder and the stamp. I chose SU! almost amethyst paper and it is almost the last piece I own, but I love the softness and I think it pairs perfectly with silver. The stamp is from Michael Strong who taught a class to my card making group back in October and we had a great time. This is a SU! embossing folder. I did stamp, heat emboss and fussy cut the tree and manually wrote joy with a Versafine pen and then heat embossed. Lastly I added bling to the tree top.
Stamp - Michael Strong "Cloisonne Christmas Tree"
Embossing Folder - SU! "Filigree Frame"
Ink - Color Box "Silver," Zing! Clear Embossing Powder (tree)
Paper - SU! Almost Ameythst, PTI White Card Stock
VersaMarker Watermark Pen, Stamp A Mania "Silver Satin Pearl" Embossing Powder (joy)
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HANUKKAH
This old laundry basin came from my in-laws home in Iowa and it adorns our front door. At Christmas the poinsettias (two pots) from Costco fill the tub and the flowers last for a couple of months. Grandson Jake (age 5) asked grandpa if the flowers were real.
.jpg)
.jpg)
What a wonderful tree image, perfectly framed with your embossing folder! Thanks for leaving some love on my blog :) Happy Holidays to you too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. The purple and silver work so well together, and the ornate scrolled frame and tree also are perfectly suited to each other. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week. Enjoy your holiday break.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. So elegant. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week.
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous! The embossing looks fab
ReplyDeleteYour card is stunning! I also love your wash bin,gorgeous and with a long history. You are a wonderful blog friend,Merry Christmas to you !
ReplyDeleteSo, so pretty, Barb ... the tree and that EF make perfect partners ... as do the two gorgeous colours! Your display of poinsettias is fabulous ... what a wonderful wash tub ... love using unusual things for planters! Wishing you a blessed Christmas, my friend! Anita :)
ReplyDelete