Saturday, September 7, 2013

CASology: Week 60: APPLE



Today's card is for CASology with the theme of "Apple."  I wanted to use this neat apple embossing folder and three attempts later I came up with this design.  The top piece of paper was embossed with the apple folder and then I used Nestabilities Classic Oval to cut the center.  Next using a folder piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of white card stock I stamped the apple with an embossing pad and used gold embossing powder.  Lastly I attached the apple embossed paper onto the folded piece of cardstock with pop-ups.  I like this card and will give it to my granddaughter for her seventeenth birthday in November.  The verbiage that goes with this Unity stamp is "apple of my eye," and that she is.

Stamp - Unity "Apple of My Eye"
Paper - Kelly white
Embossing Folder - Quickcut "Apples"
Stamp Pad - Top Boss
Embossing Powder - SU! Gold Glory
Die Cut - Nestabilities Classic Oval
http://casology.blogspot.com/2013/09/week-60-apple.html

7 comments:

  1. Perfect CAS card, love the apple embossing! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card too, Babs, and so will your granddaughter!! So cleverly done - I love the apple theme: great stamp!! It's always so nice to use a stamp that is one that you won't use everyday.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that embossed background and the apple looks great in gold! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have that embossing folder! What a great distressed apple stamp! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's the coolest apple stamp EVER! Love your simple treatment of it, too! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed the apple challenge! Love the embossed apples and that single golden apple is perfectly framed!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that apple stamp , its new to me. Love the embossed apples in white. Beautiful card Babs!

    ReplyDelete