Friday, September 20, 2013

ATCAS Challenge #22 Get Well



 
 
This card for ATCAS challenge #22 has the theme of Get Well.  I chose to use this older SU! stamp Upsy Daisy.  Using Distressed Markers I colored onto the stamp and spritzed it with water onto watercolor paper.  I trimmed the paper allowing enough room at the bottom that I could add verbiage and a touch of jute.  The verbiage was cut using two SU! punches.  Next using mounting tape I attached the piece onto a large piece of SU! Naturals White cardstock.
 
I really like trying different methods of watercolor and this particular image and layout I will use for a very non-traditional holiday card.  Instead of going out and buying new Christmas paper and stamps I decided to use what I have.  Despite this being an old stamp it is NBUS (Darnell lingo).  My Christmas card will be using old Bravo Burgundy paper and BB, Real Red and Old Olive ink.
 
Stamps - SU! "Upsy Daisy," MFT "All Occasion Sentiments"
Paper - SU! Naturals White, Daffodil Delight, watercolor paper
Markers - Ranger Distress Markers: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Shabby Shutters
Other - Memento Ink, burlap twine
 
 
 

http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love those daisies. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today. Comments like that is what keeps me going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card,love the colour too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card,love the colour too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card Babs, love the colours.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely, Barbara, the colours are so warm and sunny ... guaranteed to brighten up the recipient's day! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete