Saturday, May 30, 2015

Colour Q Challenge #292



This is my first entry for the Colour Q Challenge. My inspiration came from a catalog advertisement in Crate and Barrel.  I stamped the various stamps in the four colors in the challenge and stamped the sentiment in black. After trimming the focus paper I matted it onto black and then attached to a piece of coastal cabana paper. I stamped the larger butterfly in cc brushed with Wink of Stella, attached some black rhinestones and attached  it with mounting tape.

Stamps - Paper Smooches "Flap Happy," PTI Comunique Curves (sentiment)
Paper - PTI white cs, SU! coastal cabana, black
Ink - SU! Strawberry Slush, Summer Sun, Tangelo Twist, Coastal Cabana, MFT Black Licorice
Other - Wink of Stella, black rhinestones, mounting tape




5 comments:

  1. A bevy of beautiful butterflies, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making cards based on advertisements and I think a lot of the stamping companies/gurus get their ideas that way. You have done a brilliant job of CASEing this fabulous plate in the (how about that!) ColourQ colors!! Good eye to notice; good eye for designing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Barb ... those fluttery butterflies are a delight ... a great take on your inspiration plate ... actually I prefer your charming card to the plate! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete