
The first thing that came to mind with the cue word of wet was "rain." Honestly I hate rain, really. I grew up in Oregon a very beautiful state with lots of rain. We did not have school buses and when I arrived at school I had wet shoes and mud splattered legs. On a fonder note I had a very cute yellow slicker with collar, cuffs and pockets made out of black corduroy. Back then I even was a brunette.
This image is from My Favorite Things which I inked with Memento and colored with copics. I die cut the image with Lil Inkers. I like to focus on parts of an image as I like the look. Yellow, black and white are one of my favorite color combinations. The umbrella was paper pieced with a snippet of polka dot paper. The colored image was attached with mounting foam. The second layer of cardstock was embossed with Spots and Dots embossing folder. The sentiment is from Gina K. The finished card is 4 x 5.
Supplies - Neenah paper, snippet unknown, Copics and At You Spica, Memento Ink, Spots and Dots embossing folder, MFT "My Umbrella" stamp set, Gina K "Shine On" sentiment stampBarbara Roe
.jpg)
Such a sweet image, Barbara ... what gorgeous texture and dimension! Love how you used your slicker as the inspiration for the colours ... so cute! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteBarbara, I agree, I love black, yellow and white together, too...and I love how you cut out a section of the image! Great layout, nice embossed texture, sweet sentiment and image! So glad you played along again at CASology...hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colouring on that sweet image and I love the embossed background! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet card for you to make in memory of your yellow slicker with the cool black corduroy lining! I love the embossing folder, Barb, and polka dot umbrella, too! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete