Saturday, April 26, 2014

CASology - Garden Week 92



It was easy to choose a stamp with flowers for this week's theme of "garden."  Yesterday the mister and I toured seven homes on our community's Garden Tour.  Each house was unique and ranged from elaborate to clean and simple.  The elaborate home was almost out of place for what I would consider to be average and looked more like a resort.  The clean and simple home was small in comparison to the first and had plants, flowers,  a dry creek bed and a magnificent view of the natural preserve which backs up to the homes on that side of the street, and a view of the ocean.  We were looking for ideas for our own garden which we are reworking.  I really enjoyed the garden art which many of the homes featured and one even had flowers painted on one of her stuccoed walls.  This garden card is a pleasant reminder of yesterday's visit to our neighbors gardens.

First I masked a square on a piece of Neenah paper and inked the edges with green ink.  When dry I stamped and heat embossed the flower image and colored with copics.  Next I carefully pierced the outside edge of the colored image using Tim Holtz's ruler.  The sentiment was stamped with versafine and then I rounded the upper corners.  The lower right hand edge needed something so I found a butterfly and stamped it in blue and then did the line work with a pen.  Lastly I added bling to the butterfly.

Stamps - Unity "Big Summertime Bouquet," Precious Remembrance "Positive Thoughts," Paper Smooches "Flap Happy"
Other - Copics, Versafine ink, embossing powder, Distress Ink Peeled Paint, SU! Soft Sky




3 comments:

  1. This sentiment is perfect for your card, Barbara ... I found myself smiling just looking at it, it's so lovely! If your garden looks anything like this when it's finished, it will be beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours and use of masking, sponging and piercing to create a 'frame' for your beautiful flowers without adding layers! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this is my new favorite card of yours!! From a distance it looks like it is a shaker card. That masking is excellent! I just love everything about it! How fun that you have a garden tour where you are! What a great resource for ideas!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete