Friday, November 29, 2013

CASology: Week 72: SHOP




Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Black Friday.  So the cue word for CASology this week is SHOP.  Yeah, I love to shop.  Even grocery shopping works for me.  People say my frig and cupboards are always full of food.  Funny I rarely cook anymore.  Even yesterday, Thanksgiving, we went out to eat.  No one was here but the mister, the dog and moi.  Today I had leftovers from last night and they were almost as good.  One set of kids came by and then headed to the in-laws.   Actually I love when my entire family is here but that won't be happening this holiday season.  Thank goodness for face time as it keeps us in touch and we can see one another.

The card.  First the stamp is one of several in a set from Our Craft Lounge (no longer in business).  I stamped this bag five times and made a mask to reposition the layout.  I used a copic liner pen and made some designs on two of the bags and on one stamped a tiny heart.  The bags were colored with copics.  This piece of paper was mounted onto kraft paper and then mounted onto another piece of white cardstock.  The sentiment was cut so that flop! would appear to be dropping and I stamped it and then heat embossed.

Stamp - Our Craft Lounge "Shop 'til Ya Flop"
Markers - Copic
Paper - Neenah, SU! Kraft
Ink - Versafine, Memento
Other - embossing powder, corner rounder, copic .3 liner pen, unknown mini heart stamp

My two daughters-in-love have birthdays next month and I will give them gift cards.  Cheryl of Paperie Journey on her November 4 post mentioned a gift card holder from PTI, so I purchased one.  When I was making the above card of course it was not done quickly and I had another colored image finished so I played with the gift card holder and came up with the image below.  I cut this using the Cuttlebug but it did not fit perfectly so I had to re-adjust the paper and die to get a complete cut.



 

2 comments:

  1. Once again, your coloring is so pretty! I love all the little shopping bags in row...Great take on this week's Cue Card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job stamping those bags and that sediment, Barb, AND making your gift card holders! Now I something else to add to the Wish Book!! Your color shading is really excellent! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete