
I made this card for MUSE's Challenge #42 and I followed the layout. First I embossed one piece of perfect plum cardstock with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots and die cut it and two more pieces of pp cs using MFT numbers and the three pieces were glued together. Next I attached two different pieces of perfect plum DSP to one another. I laid out the numbers and the paper strip onto white cardstock before adhering them so I could line up the sentiment. Of course it took three tries to get the sentiment correct before it was heat embossed. Then I assembled the numbers and the paper strip onto the white background paper.
Note: Fifty two years ago I met a girl walking home from high school and we realized we were in typing class together. We became fast friends and she was an important part of my teenage years. Our birthdays are four days apart (and one year) and we have sent one another gifts and cards all this time. This is Dodie's 70th birthday (not mine yet) and this card will go to her - a special card for a special friend. She loves purple and decorates her home in an eclectic style so I found this zany art piece at a boutique to send her and I am letting you take a peek.
Stamp - MFT "All Occasion Sentiments"
Die Cut - MFT "High-Rise Numbers"
Paper - Neenah, SU! Perfect Plum cardstock, Perfect Plum Designer Series Paper
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots"
Other - Versafine, clear embossing powder
http://musecardclub.blogspot.com/2013/11/muse-challenge-42.html
This is the perfect use of the layout of this week's Muse! Thanks so much for playing along!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous card, Barbara ... and what an amazing story of friendship and mutual appreciation ... true friends! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteGreat take on this week's Muse and a lovely card for your friend - she'll love it :)
ReplyDeleteBarbara, Great card. I may have to CASE this. How wonderful that you and your friend still exchange birthday cards. Fifty plus years is a long time.
ReplyDelete