Wednesday, November 20, 2013

CASology: Week 71: BELL



This card was made for Week 72 at CASology.  The cue word is bell and I searched through my stash of stamps and found two.  The first stamp was two bells and although I worked on an idea it was nothing special.  My second choice was this old SU! stamp with a bell tower.  This colored image was my fifth attempt, four were on water color paper, one was stamped with gray ink on white cardstock and this piece was stamped on glossy paper using Stazon.  Next I colored using SU! markers and a water brush, and die cut with MFT pierced square.  The white cardstock was dry embossed using Cuttlebug's Script folder and I attached the colored image using pop-ups.  My base cardstock is SU! tempting turquoise.

Last week my MOJO was missing with the cue word of triangle.  I worked on four different ideas and they all stunk - really.  When I viewed the winning entries all I could think is why was I struggling.  The answer: the time change.  Really, I am still struggling with the dang time change, this body is too old to go back and forth and it is almost as bad as coping with jet lag.  Even though this card did not come easy I am satisfied and I have always loved this very old SU! set.

Stamp - SU! "Provencal"
Paper - SU! Glossy, Tempting Turquoise, Neenah
Ink - Stazon
Markers - SU!. Close to Cocoa, Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise,  Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, River Rock
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug "Script"
Die Cut - MFT Die-namics Pierced Square STAX
http://casology.blogspot.com/2013/11/week-71-bell.html

7 comments:

  1. Great use of the cue word! Thanks for your comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and elegant. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever take on the Cue Card! I can hear them pealing out over the land! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, so creative Barbara ... Mr Mojo definitely made a return here! The colouring and shading is awesome and the texture in the background is perfect with the image ... all deliciously nostalgic! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear this card did not come easy for you, Barb. It was certainly worth all the effort and is a winner in my book! I think the idea is brilliant, first of all, and your execution of the image and how you framed it is really stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image & colouring Babs - worth the effort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful scene on your lovely card...like how you kept the colours muted...

    ReplyDelete