Saturday, November 9, 2013

CASology: Week 69: BROWN


 

Week 69 of CASology has the cue word brown.  I chose this Unity stamp set of the week and stamped the turkey image onto Neenah paper.  The bird, legs, shoes and hat band were colored with copics.    I stamped the feathers in five different papers and the hat and bow two more making a total of seven paper scraps each feather was cut and glued in place.  I then fussy cut Mr. Turkey and attached it to kraft paper using mounting tape.   The verbiage was stamped and heat embossed, Martha Stewart bakers twine was tied on the top and the bottom corners were punched using a corner punch.  It took me a couple stabs at coming to this finished piece but a white background paper was boring.

Stamp - Unity "Turkey Talk"
Paper - Neenah, SU! Kraft, scraps of 7 papers
Ink - Memento, Versafine and Copics
Other - Martha Stewart baker's twine, Tombow liquid glue, mounting tape, clear embossing powder


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Bab for your sweet comments. Just reading back over your blog I find we must be twins! My oldest granddaughter is 16 also! Your coloring is beautiful on this card. His socks crack me up. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fun turkey card, Barb! He is one stylin' bird with those feathers and those socks!! Your card is great for the brown challenge and I agree, the background paper you used is better than white would have been!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool turkey, Barbara ... love how you paper pieced all those tail feathers ... he's really very splendid ... especially with those amazing socks! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete