
Happy First Anniversary ATCAS! This card was made just for this challenge but I will share it with our dearest friends who celebrate their 35th anniversary next month. Masking and using distress inks is my latest favorite stamping technique and thus this card. After masking I applied the ink in a circular motion and let it dry before stamping randomly the flower image and heat embossing. Next I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed.
COMMENT: Recently someone commented on a blog they did not like to heat emboss but I do like it because images stand out. Now embossing powder can be messy and sometimes there can be an accident, such as this morning. I finished two cards to submit to challenges and I knocked over my container of embossing powder, not onto my work table, but onto the carpet which only last week had been professionally shampooed. Quick get the vacuum.
Stamps - SU! "Remembering You" (this stamp set says 2006, do you think it is retired?)
Sentiment is from Inky Antics
Paper - Neenah
Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender
Other - Versafine, clear embossing powderhttp://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2013/11/happy-anniversary-to-us.html
This is a beautiful card, Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving some love.. :)
ReplyDeleteI also love masking, blending and heat embossing and your card is a fab example of all of these. I love the combo of colours. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS
ReplyDeleteI love this technique and the beautiful colors backing the pretty flowers! So glad you shared this at ATCAS!
ReplyDeleteYour anniversary card for your friends is so lovely. I also love the sponging with distress inks technique! Thanks for joining us at AYCAS!
ReplyDeleteYou did an excellent job with the masking and sponging and embossing on this card, Barb! It makes me happy! I'm not so happy about the embossing powder spill, however. I think we've all had those horrors happen to us! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting Darnell I appreciate it knowing how busy you are.
DeleteSimply gorgeous, Barbara ... love how the black embossed outline blooms stand out against the gentle, soft colours of the inking! Yuck on the embossing powder ... not so much having to clean up, more losing precious stash! Thanks so much for your wonderfully encouraging comments ... and just so you know, 'you rock' doesn't sound corny at all ... rather it's a huge compliment! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteI love your pretty card and all your colours look so lovely together:) xx
ReplyDeleteHi Barb,
ReplyDeleteBack again to comment on your comment. (I still don't have email access when I reply to your comment.) I just had to share with you that I was born in Carroll, Iowa!! I didn't actually grown up there. We were mostly in Arthur and Galva until we moved to Webster City when I was ten. What a small world!! Hugs, Darnell
My goodness it is a small world. My goggle account (I have 4) is barbroe795@gmail.com.
DeleteI'm sure you have everything cleaned up by now. I love to heat emboss if I am going to color, helps me stay in the lines. I don't like the mess from glitter but I still use it all the time .
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card and I love the masked off area for the sentiment.
Beautiful colours Babs, love the design.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs
Maarit
Barbara, I'm with you. I love heat embossing. Like you said, the images just pop. Such pretty colors you used on your anniversary card. I haven't used that technique in ages. That would have been great on my one-layer Christmas tags. Where were you last week when I was having trouble coming up with anything creative for my tags? lol
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. So glad your die arrived. Can't wait to see your creations.
I'll "rage on" with you. I recently went through my card list and deleted a few names!
Love this beauty ! The embossing looks fabulous against the panel. I too am a big heat embossing fan and have had many an accident as my pooches can confirm 9 well they would if they could talk ) they always manage to get covered in the stuff ! Thanks so much for sharing with use at ATCAS and good luck.
ReplyDeleteMarie