For the May challenge I chose this stamp set from Unity. I had my doubts as to how well it would color so I began by sponging a portion of the card with a few distress inks and a light touch and let it dry. Next I stamped and heat embossed and then decided to try and color the flowers with distress inks and water brushes and I liked it. I attached the piece with mounting tape to white card stock.That is it. The moral I guess is just keep trying because I honestly tried to sell this NBUS at the last card making group garage sale. Silly me.

Supplies:
Stamp set - Unity "Books and Blossums"
Inks - Distress inks, VersaFine
Other - 140# watercolor paper, embossing powder

Pretty card mf I like how you did the watercolour halo around the flowers...brings our attention to the image immediately.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
xx Karen
I'm glad you kept this stamp, Barb! This is beautiful! The sponged background works so well with the watercoloring! I need to remember that! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!
ReplyDeleteGood thing you kept this stamp, Barb ... this is so pretty ... love the glow of colour around those wonderfully detailed blooms! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Babs!! Love the sponged background and beautiful watercolouring. So happy you kept this stamp ... it's so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx
ReplyDelete