Looking at the calendar it has been almost a month since I submitted a card. I have been struggling with carpal tunnel in both hands but mainly my right. After two trips to the acupuncturist I decided card making was not the major cause but my I-phone is. I use it for everything despite the fact I have a computer and an I-pad. But wearing a brace and using a heat pad has not helped much so I have tried to not use my I-phone.
Today an order arrived from Unity and I had to color this adorable owl. I chose to enter it into two challenges Seize the Birthday and Freshly Made Sketches. The owl was inked, heat embossed and colored with Copics and die cut with a circle die. On the designer paper I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and then attached the image with mounting tape

Supplies:
Stamps Unity "Lil Bloomin Owl," sentiment PTI
Paper - Neenah, SU!, Penny Black
Copics, Memento, VersaFine, embossing powder
Die - MFT Pierced Circle

Oh that little owl is just adorable, Barb ... so sweet against the background flower meadow! Do hope you get some relief for your hands very soon ... lock that iphone away ... card making's so much more important! Bon dimanche ... and big hugs to you, my friend, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your hands! I agree with Anita...card making is much more fun! I love you adorable owl Barb. The lithe blue surrounding him sets him off perfectly! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!
ReplyDeleteToo cute...love your sweet little owl. Adorable! So sorry to hear about your hands but happy that card making is not the problem! Take care.
ReplyDeleteSuch a charming image and so beautifully colored. I love him on the simple pattern in the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.
ReplyDeleteBarb, I'm sorry to hear that you are now dealing with car pool tunnel. That is so painful. My sister just had the surgery and she is so glad she did. I hope not using the phone does the trick. Your NBUS owl is so cute and I love your design to show him off!! Take care of yourself and enjoy this sunshine! We have been fine with the rain and hope you are, too. It's thrilling to see our rolling hills such vibrant "Ireland" green after too many years of (ahem) "golden" hues!! Lots of hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete