This seems like a perfect January birthday card and I have someone in mind. I began by doing emboss resist onto water color paper and using VersaMark I stamped the snowflakes and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Next I sponged distress ink onto the piece and brushed water around the snowflakes and wiped off the excess water, but added a few droplets. The sentiment was stamped onto vellum and I embossed with gold embossing powder, which I love. This piece was attached to the focal piece and then with mounting tape attached to SU! tempting turquoise, but I meant to use white. Oh well. The stamp set and sentiment are MFT Snowflake Spendor.


Perfect for a winter birthday, Barb! Love the gold embossed sentiment on the vellum! And the the sponged watercolor turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!
ReplyDeleteIt really is the perfect winter birthday card Babs!! LOVE the emboss resist with the white snowflakes and beautiful blue watercoloured background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx
ReplyDeleteI agree it's a perfect January birthday card' what a beautiful background! Are you ready for more rain!? We are loving it as longs as everyone is safe!
ReplyDeleteThis makes a perfect winter birthday card! I love the sentiment on the vellum! Thanks for joining us at the CAS Watercolor Challenge!
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful delicate snowflakes, Barb ... fabulous with the soft watercolouring and that lovely vellum sentiment strip! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteYour colors are so perfect for a frosty January birthday, Barb! I love how your awesome sediment mentions "warmest" against that coldest snowy background! This is one strikingly beautiful card!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete