Saturday, January 14, 2017

CAS Mix Up Card Challenge January 2017


Stamping - Liquid Color - Embossing - Die Cutting


My card making group played with alcohol inks last week. For this piece I used glossy paper and this was the first generation and the second and third pieces were much lighter in color and I used all three pieces in cards. I trimmed the piece with a pierced MFT die and then matted with SU! pink passion cs. The butterfly is a die/set combo from MFT and I used gold embossing powder on it as well as the sentiment.
 This piece is brighter than I would normally use but I only had three inks. This card will be sent to two very old and dear friends who will be celebrating 51 years of wedded bliss. Honestly I love the font on the sentiment and I think it is SU! 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Babs. Great job on your AI background. The colours are so bright and beautiful. The gold embossed butterfly and sentiment is so pretty. Your friends are going to love this card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Barb! These colors work well together! Love that butterfly and the font of the sentiment is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vibrant and fabulous, Barb ... I went in for a closer look at all this loveliness! The background is delicious ... so perfect with the precision embossed butterfly ... and yes, that sentiment font is gorgeous! What a wonderful way to celebrate with your dear friends ... and what an achievement, 51 years! Hugs, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a WOWZA card, Barb! Well done with your alcoholic inks! That panel and the font of your sediment are really cheerful! Your friends will love it! Fifty-one years is quite an achievement!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours for that AI piece. That sentiment is beautiful and well complimented by your butterfly. Well done!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete