Saturday, August 20, 2016

Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes" Birthday


I like making a card specifically for one person in particular. This year one of my new students is into anything with a coastal/ocean theme and in particular mermaids. I found this adorable stamp and selected it to make a card for my friend. I began by stamping with Memento ink onto Neenah paper and coloring with copics. Next I used a new stencil from MFT and lightly stenciled with Distress ink tumbled glass. I die cut this piece with a scalloped die from Sugar Pea, and then cut a mat from orchid opulence paper. After attaching this image to baja breeze cs at an angle and then applied some Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents and some lavender crystals on her fish tail.

Stamps - Impression Obsession (D19179) Mermaid, Hero Arts (CL372) Sentiment
Paper - Neenah, SU!
Stencil - MFT Circle Grid
Die Cut - Sugar Cut Birthday Journal Card
Inks - Memento, Copics, Distress


5 comments:

  1. You gotta love mermaids and your card is super cute! I love your background too! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Barb, and great coloring! Your friend will know that you made this special just for her!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little mermaid, Barb ... so beautifully coloured ... love the bubbly ocean behind her! Your friend will be so delighted! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute - Thanks for joining in at STB~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Barb! I saw a story the other day where you can rent mermaid tails to put on and swim in! The picture showed several little girls all lined up to take the plunge! What fun!

    ReplyDelete