Thursday, July 14, 2016

CAS Mix Up July Card Challenge


For the July challenge for CAS Mix Up I stamped the sentiment and also stamped the image using markers and water. I really like this technique and with the right line art stamp it is not only CAS but elegant. Often I use this stamp and technique to make a sympathy card. I began by sponging with distress inks on watercolor paper and let it dry. Using SU! markers I applied the ink to the stamp, huffed and added water. I trimmed the paper and used an old SU! corner punch and matted with two favorite SU! pieces of card stock. This piece was matted onto white cs and then I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy. 
Most of the supplies are SU! the paper and markers are Night of Navy and Old Olive. The stamps are no longer in their original container but they are SU!, as is the corner punch.



4 comments:

  1. So pretty Babs. Love your softly sponged background. Perfect backdrop for your beautiful image. Great technique for this stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so classy and elegant, Barb! I love the distressed background with that pretty stamped image! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft shades of green! Perfect setting for your bird and branch stamp. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant indeed, Barb ... and lovely ... and serene ... it's gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete