Monday, May 9, 2016

CAS Mix Up May Challenge


Stamping, Heat Embossing, Die Cut, Water Splatter

This card for the May CAS Mix Up challenge is for someone special. My acupuncturist just earned her doctorate and I am not only happy for her but proud of her for  pursuing this degree. She has been a major part of my medical issues for the past four years. Returning to school in the later years of one's life is not easy and it takes a great deal of determination and organization while continuing her practice.
I began by using a snippet of textured paper to die cut two pieces of the design which I glued with NBUS multi medium matte. Next I sponged distress ink onto watercolor paper and splattered with water. The stamp was disassembled so I just had congratulations and it was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. After attaching the die cut to the focal piece it was mounted onto a piece of pretty sparkly aqua paper (a snippet). I chose to mount this onto watercolor paper in a wonky angle.  Lastly I attached three small pearls.

Stamp - red rubber unknown origin
Ink - VersaMark, Distress Ink: cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, tumbled glass
Paper - 90# watercolor, snippet of textured and aqua paper
Die Cut - MFT "Leafy Flourish"
Other - embossing powder ultra detail gold, pearl bling



5 comments:

  1. What a pretty background for this die cut, Barb! Love the colors and layout! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love crisp white against that yummy aqua and green colour combo, Barb ... this is gorgeous ... the gold embossing complements it beautifully! What a lovely way to congratulate your acupuncturist on such a milestone achievement! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Barb. I love your watercolored angled main image and die cut leafy flourish. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Babs! :) Love the beautiful colours of your watercoloured and splattered pannel. And great design with the off-set panel. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Barb! I love your dreamy card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete