Tuesday, June 30, 2015

CAS(E) this sketch! #129



I chose this old SU! stamp for Cas(e) this sketch! challenge. When I look out my craft/guest room window there is an old wash basin that houses a red mandevilla plant so it was my inspiration for this flower. Using stazon ink I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and used distress inks and an aqua brush. I masked the flower and then  sparingly flicked a little bit of green ink and then stamped the sentiment. This piece was attached to a piece of white cs and then a few red crystals were placed.

Stamps - SU! Spring Song (old), Paper Smooches (sentiment)
Ink - Stazon, Distress Ink
Paper -  Distress watercolor cs, Michael's white cs
Other - Copic liner, white Gelly Roll Pen, bling


4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Barb ... the rich red pops beautifully against all that gorgeous white ... such a wonderful contrast with the delicate green splatters! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love your take on the sketch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Babs! Especially when you shared what you used for your inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete