Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Challenge #23



I think this is my first time submitting to The Challenge and I chose to use the sketch. I used a previously colored piece of paper that I demonstrated in a class I taught. This technique was to color a piece of white card stock with distress ink, spritz with water and then run through the cuttlebug while wet. I cut a strip and mounted it onto a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock. Then I die cut three hearts out of the same paper. The base of the card stock is Crushed Curry and I attached the strip and then mounted the hearts with mounting tape. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine.

Paper - SU! Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, white card stock
Ink - Distress Ink, Versafine
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Diamonds
Die Cut - Little Inkers Hearts
Stamp Set - Simon Says Stamp! Favorite Flowers



5 comments:

  1. STUNNING! Simply Stunning card. I love your amazing choice of colors and your embossed panel too. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing background you created with your sponging! SO beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Barb, this is STUNNING, and inspiring.. I did some watercoloring tonight..I am not that great..but I have fun, that is what matters!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what amazing texture, Barb ... and such gorgeous warm colours ... it's like a wonderfully cosy wrap ... fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, I love that patterned texture.

    ReplyDelete