
The Seize the Birthday challenge requests washi tape - that works for me. I love washi tape, I guess I love lots of card making supplies, but washi tape is really fun. My granddaughter just started her freshman year in college and she said she decorated her portion of the dorm room in washi tape. (Boy I hope it peels off the wall easily.)
Today I am cleaning and reorganizing the craft room and found my assortment of handmade background paper and I decided to use MFT butterfly stamp and die. I chose my washi tape colors based on the background paper and added a touch of Summer Sun ink with a SU! stamp. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches. I added some GellyRoll ink pen onto the butterfly (which I heat embossed), the sentiment ,and a hit or miss on the splatter. Both the card front and butterfly were mounted with mounting tape.
Stamp and Die - MFT "Winged Beauties", Paper Smooches "Sentiment Sampler"
SU! "Gorgeous Grunge"
Ink - Stampin Up!, Versafine
Other - Washi Tape, mounting tape, embossing powder, GellyRoll pen
.jpg)
Beautiful card, love the use of the colors.
ReplyDeleteThat butterfly is just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty, and I love your idea for the washi tape. Those three patterns look so nice together.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty with the splatters!
ReplyDeleteGreat washi blending, beautiful butterfly and perfect splatters, Barb! That dorm room washi decorating must've taken some precision work!! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so free and easy, Barb! I love your Washi pattern choices and the random splatters are perfect as a backdrop for the beautiful butterfly! I'm glad to finally have a chance to visit you again!! (I'd love to see a photo of that dorm room art!) Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteSweet birthday card Barb...I love that Washi tape and your gorgeous butterfly too.
ReplyDelete