Sunday, November 30, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches: #164




In the month of December I have several birthday cards to make and one anniversary. Fortunately I have finished my Christmas cards so today I am starting one of eight birthday cards to make.
When I use techniques that require sponging onto paper I clean the sponge or dauber onto a blank piece of paper and then recycle it as it makes for a great background. This background piece is an example and it is watercolor paper and I have no idea what colors were used. I chose a Unity stamp set and inked with Versafine and heat embossed. I chose black cs for the mat and then decided I liked pink for the base paper. I inked and embossed the sentiment, added some bling and some pink/white baker's twine. One card down and seven to go.

Stamp Set - Unity "...wish with your heart"
Paper - SU! Regal Rose, Black and watercolor paper
Inks - Versafine, unknown
Other - Black crystals (JoAnn's), Baker's twine Queen, mounting tape






5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The softly sponged background really shows off the embossed flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Love the sponging....great colors!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ! This is so pretty, love the gorgeous inking on the panel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Barb ... there's a real sense of dimension between the lovely silhouette and that gentle background! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I adore the colours you've used and that silhouette image is so striking. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete