Sunday, November 30, 2014

CASology Week 123: EAT



I chose this stamp set from Purple Onion for this week's CASology challenge. When coloring I thought about my favorite ice cream flavors and it made me think of my childhood. Growing up in Portland, Oregon there was not always snow every year but when there was my father would make snow ice cream and the flavor was always peppermint. Now living in Southern California the stores showcase peppermint ice cream during the Christmas holidays and I am in heaven. As a young girl I would often go to the local ice cream store and choose one scoop of coffee ice cream and one scoop of rocky road. Can you see the smidge of marshmallow? Popsicles were not my first choice of treats but I loved banana. I don't even know if they make it nowadays. I also love banana cream pie.
So typical of my style of CAS I inked and heat embossed the image and then colored with copics. On the rocky road ice cream cone I first used white crayon before coloring with brown. That is it a CAS birthday card which I may send to my childhood friend of 54 years. Yikes! We have sent cards to one another for all these years as our birthdays are four days apart.

Paper - Neenah, PTI white cardstock
Stamp Set - Purple Onion
Ink - Versafine, Copics
Other - embossing powder, mounting tape


12 comments:

  1. Barbara, what sweet memories! Sounds like the perfect birthday card to send to a life-long friend, for sure! I have to say how much I love the marshmallows in the Rocky Road ice cream cone...that was with white crayon? I must try that! I always loved banana-flavored popcicles, too...but I haven't seen one in a long time. Thanks for playing along this week with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story that inspired your fun (and yummy!) card, Barb ... such lovely memories! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that much white on your card Babs..I come to comment cause I see that sweeet and cute Image..lovely color combo to Babs, and I guess it will be a winner or one of the HM..love your sweet and cute card..

    I am joining the CASology this time challenge too if you like to see my creation it is #31...if you like to leave me some love too I would be so glad and say thanks now :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika and congrats on your nomination.

      Delete
  4. Love your story, and this deliciously CAS birthday card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those POD stamps! Your card has reminded me to dig mine out. :) Gorgeous coloring too! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrumptious Barb!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly - you are always kind with your words.

      Delete
  7. Yum, barb! Such a touching story too. Love your rocky road ice-cream! Clever technique and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete