Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CASology: Week 122 "FLAG"




Honestly this may be one of the more difficult cue words. I thought long and hard what to create and I thought of a stamp I had but it was one I gave away. This is the stamp I chose and it and the sentiment stamp are both NBUS. I stamped and heat embossed onto whisper white card stock and die cut it. Next I die cut with the next larger size die the red and blue card stock.  Blue, red and white are the colors of the French flag. The three pieces were attached and mounted onto the base card and lastly I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.

Stamps - Stampers Annoymous "French Market," My Favorite Things "Up, Up & Away"
Paper - SU! Whisper White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Die Cut - My Favorite Things "Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax"
Other - Versafine ink, embossing powder, mounting tape



9 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the image you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great interpretation of the challenge word, Barb! Those flags in the French colors are a perfect mat for the NBUS postal stamp!! Love it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interpretation of the cue, I also had a hard time coming up with something.....like the sentiment very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you did good. Love those stacked banner flags and the French text. Very clever to use the colors of the French flag. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit it was difficult too.. but you did MARVELOUSLY!! Yay!!! Thanks for being such a cheer leader for all of us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you know I'm going to be so taken with this, Barb ... French flag colours, French text, French capital on the address ... and a wonderful sentiment ... what a fabulous take on the Cue Card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation of the cue word and I love all the clean lines. Thanks for playing along at CASology, Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A challenging cue word, indeed, but you interpreted it beautifully! Love the layered banners and the pop of color!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...this is one fabulous flag! I love it, so creative and so different too.

    ReplyDelete