I am going to call this stamp the poor little butterfly. This is a NBUS stamp for me but prior to my acquiring it someone had the audacity to use it with paint and as such I bought it in poor shape. I am ready to participate in my card group's garage sale and plb was in the sell box. Today I looked at the stamp and thought I would give it a try, so I used VersaMark and no luck, so I tried VersaFine and embossing powder. PLB looked okay so I decided to sponge and mask it as I will be teaching such a class next week. I used distress inks and distress markers to color and stamped and embossed the sentiment. Then I added water droplets and wink of stella. After I trimmed the front panel I attached the blue paper mat and then glued to the base card. Chapter two of the PLBS - a card maker friend is challenging our group to submit a card using the tic-tac-toe layout for our garage sale. This card would work except for ribbon so in my I never use stash of ribbon I found white organza and tied the delicate bow. I like the card and decided I would deliver it next week when I attend a memorial for a friend. The end.

Supplies:
Paper - Neenah, Kelly
Ink - Distress, VersaFine
Other - Wink of Stella, embossing powder
Stamp - Paper Smooches sentiment, PLB unknown
Stamp - Paper Smooches sentiment, PLB unknown

This butterfly is gorgeous, Barb! I love the sponging around it that makes it stand out even more!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I would if you had told us the story of how you rescued a living butterfly, Barb! She is a real beauty and I'm so delighted that you persevered and saved her to make this stunning card. The circle background you created for her really makes her pop and the ribbon is a lovely touch. It will be treasured by your friend's family. Thank you for playing again in NBUS Challenge #11! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous butterfly and your card is fantastic! A wonderful sympathy card design.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, Barb, you renovated that PLB so beautifully ... she's stamping delightfully now! Wonderful soft colouring and highlighting ... and the delicate ribbon is lovely ... your bow mimics the fluttery butterfly! Hugs, my friend, Anita :)
ReplyDelete