Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sugar Pea Designs - Mix it Up Challenge #15


Lately I have begun to share card sketches with the ladies in my card making group. This week I selected this sketch from Sugar Pea Designs#15 and so I decided to post the card I made. This image is NBUS (never before used) and an older one from SU! which I purchased at a garage sale. I chose to stamp and heat emboss and then watercolor using distress inks.

Stamps - Inspired by Stamping "Beautiful Iris" (sentiment), SU! "A Happy Thing" (image)
Paper - SU! snippets, watercolor
Inks - Versafine, Distress Inks
Other - embossing powder

15

Note: Anita from France shared how to recycle a Wink of Stella pen when it was empty. This makes for a nice paint brush and there is a little bit of glitter in the water. You simply take the pen apart and pry off the black (I used scissors), filled with water and use. Thanks Anita.

2 comments:

  1. So zesty and zingy, Barb ... mouthwateringly so! Thanks for the shout out about the WoS ... it was originally a Jennifer McGuire tip ... works a treat doesn't it? Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, classic image and a fun use of the sketch! So glad you joined us at SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete