Sunday, February 23, 2014

CASology Week 83: JUMP




Howdy!  It has been over a month since I have posted and I sure hope I can submit this card without any hiccups.  I have struggled for some time with Yahoo, Blogger, Goggle yada yada.  Hopefully my visit to the computer lab will have helped me get back to submitting cards.  Making the card should be the difficult part and posting should be pretty easy but it is terribly time consuming and frustrating when it does not come together.

The month of February has flown by and I have kept busy with a new card making group I started here at my Active 55 Community.  We began with three members in August and now we are up to 22 ladies age 56 to 82, and each comes with different skills.  Although some may be new to card making they are skilled quilters and jewelry artists.  I have led the majority of our twice a month classes and it will be great for me to give new members a chance to teach us new techniques.  Fortunately for me the past year of entering card challenges and subscribing to many blogs has given me an abundance of new techniques to teach.  We had the most fun with washi tape and Costco had 20 rolls for $20 and many of us (me included) went and purchased this great product.  I taught a class on ombre and paint patches and used various punches and that was a very fun class.  The last two classes has had ten ladies come and that is a good number to work with although a little bit crazy, fun crazy.

So my card for CASology is JUMP.  I chose another stamp set from the now retired Our Craft Lounge, "The Pond."  I positioned three of the stamps on an acrylic block and stamped with Versafine and then heat embossed.  Heat embossing gives a nice crisp line and if I am using copics I don't have to wait for the ink to dry.  I stamped a second frog and then colored all the images with copics.  Then I die cut the colored image.  A cloud was needed to give some additional pizzaz and first I embossed cardstock and then die cut a cloud shape.  Frog number two was fussy cut and adhered with pop-ups but I placed it off-center with the hopes it looks like Froggy Boy was in motion. Lastly I added the sentiment and rounded the edges.

Stamp - Our Craft Lounge "The Pond"
Copics - G12, 82, YG11, 17, 63, N0, N3, BG10
My Favorite Things Die Namics - Pierced Circle STAX and Cloud Trio
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl
Other - Neenah paper, corner rounder, pop-ups, Versafine, clear embossing powderhttp://casology.blogspot.com/2014/02/week-83-jump.html

Update: Things were going smoothly and then I forgot to submit the card and when I went to find it, it was hiding.  So with the mister beside me, who knows nothing about blogs or a PC as he is a MAC snob,  the photo was located.  Reviewing my notes (mandatory) I realized I skipped a step and thus could not find the card.  Hopefully this last part of posting will work as often this is my stumbling block.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see you back in Blogland, Barb, and happy to have my jumping frog next to yours in the CASology challenge!! I positively adore your design with the frame, and the movement you created, and the embossed cloud!!

    And well done on getting a popular and fun group going in your community! I imagine you are an excellent teacher and it's got to feel so good to provide the means for people to engage in such a positive activity!! Bless you!

    Finally, I hope your computer problems are over with! We've all dealt with these pains and it is beyond frustrating when you just want to share. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell. I posted this to the blog and not the card and sometimes it seems to make a difference in some challenges. The card making group is fun but then so is challenges and for that reason alone I have hired a cleaning lady. Hee hee it works for me.

      Delete
  2. That froggie is adorable and I love the textured cloud! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little froggy, and I love the sentiment. Thanks for the lovely message you left on my blog about 'Coffee'. Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun design with your perfect coloring. Thanks for joining us at CASology. May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, so glad to see you posting again...I missed you! Computers can be such a good thing and sometimes such a pain! At any rate, it sounds like you have been doing well and keeping very busy teaching card classes--so cool! I love your fun little frog and that embossed die cut cloud is such a sweet addition to you card! So glad you played along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're back, Barbara ... how fabulous! And with this adorable card ... love the popped up froggie giving loads of movement and the embossed cloud ... a real cutie of a card! Glad the pc issues are on their way to being sorted out, it'll be good to see you back in blogland a bit more! Sounds as though you have a fab card making group ... what a brilliant thing to establish ... way to go! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just too cute. I also enjoyed reading about your card group. Sounds like such fun.

    ReplyDelete