Hello and Happy New Year! It has been about a month and half since I have posted on my blog. First I wanted a rest from Christmas cards and then I came down with a respiratory infection which lasted about three weeks. During the course of coughing I came to the conclusion that I was allergic to my new leather chair which I had had for five months. The chair was returned to Costco and now I am on my way to feeling good and it is time to make some cards.
This first card of the year 2014 almost coincides with my very first card challenge, which was CASology, dated January 13, 2013. The cue word of dot made me think of this cute stamp set from Our Craft Lounge. There are dots in the actual stamp image and the bubbles are dots. The image was stamped on Neenah paper with Versafine and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The dot/bubbles were stamped off before stamping and I used Memento. All the images were colored with copics. The colored image was reduced in size and I rounded the bottom corners and then mounted with mounting tape onto a second piece of Neenah paper.
With crossed fingers I hope this gets posted. My last two entries last year were totally goofed up and the CASology post I doubt got posted but the one for ATCAS was posted. I really have struggled with Blogger and Internet Explorer and then switched to Mozilla Firefox and kept getting cookie notices. Apparently many people have had this problem and if that is not bad enough the dang Yahoo (P.U.) continues to change the format and I don't know how to get around the changes. Tuesday I am going to my computer lab for some Help!.
Stamp - Our Craft Lounge "Bubbles" - company no longer in business :(
Paper - Neenah
Casology.blogspot.com/2014/01/week-78-dot.html
Inks - Versafine, Memento
Copics - Y21, 23, V12, 15, 17, YG 25,63, N0, 04, Y12, 14, BG 10, 15
Other - Embossing powder, corner rounder, mounting tape

.jpg)
This is just so darling. I have a soft spot for turtles, and this little purple guy is cute as a button. Love your dotted water bubbles. Glad to hear you are feeling better, but sorry about the computer problems. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week, and I hope we see you here again soon.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are having so much trouble with blogger, this posted nicely!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of being allergic to leather but so glad you found out that that is what it is. How scary! I love my leather chair and call it my mama bear chair . Sorry you had to give your up.
Your card is absolutely darling, and you colored it so perfectly! Even the water is shaded so beautifully!
Barbara, I was wondering what you were up to, so sorry to hear you were not feeling well (but glad you are better) and I'm glad this post worked out Ok for you. Your card? Totally adorable! I'm loving the dotty turtle and the sweet dot bubbles...your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at CSology...it's so good to have you back!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Barbara, great to see you! How horrid you've beeen so under the weather ... glad you're feeling so much better and are back to making your fab cards! Talking of cards, this little turtle is such a cutie, floating in a brilliant scene ... as ever, your colouring and shading is amazing! Hope the trip to the computer lab is a good one, and all those issues get resolved! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteBarbara you turtle is so sweet, love the bubbles! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Barb! You are starting off the year with an adorable bubbly and dotty card! I just love that turtle and your wonderful coloring! I hope you got some help today at the computer lab. I finally switched over to Chrome and (crossing fingers) I haven't had any odd messages for a week now.
ReplyDeleteWe got away for our anniversary and today, our last day, I woke up with something not right ... I'm so hoarse that I can't talk which Mister loves, but I do hope it isn't the awful chest infection that has been going around and lasting forever. I didn't just buy a chair from anywhere to make it worse, thank goodness. I'm so glad you figured out that yours was bothering you!
Thank you for following me! I appreciate that very much!! Stay well and hope to see you back here on a regular basis! Hugs, Darnell
Poped over from Darnell's blog. Cute cards. Love to color myself. Copics. Not certified yet.
ReplyDeletePopped over from Darnell's blog, wow what a gorgeous colored sweet image.
ReplyDeleteHugs diane
Love ur coloring and cards are so very nice...thanks for leaving love at my blog :)
ReplyDelete