Saturday, October 19, 2013

CASOLOGY Week 66: PUMPKIN




Well this week the cue word for CASology is pumpkin.  Didn't I do that last week?  In yesterday's mail I received my weekly stamp from Unity (what a sucker for stamps) and I thought this verbiage was lovely.  Earlier in the week while at lunch with a friend a man approached me and gave me a very sweet compliment.  When I mentioned this to son #1 he suggested I "play it forward."  And that is what I will do with this card.  I will send it to my granddaughter (16) who has been so helpful to me with my blog despite the fact we live 400 miles away from one another.  I feel so blessed and grateful that she is my granddaughter - she is a lovely young woman.

Onward.  The image was inked and heat embossed and then I colored with copics.  Dang have I said that before?  I die cut with the cute Lil Inkers rectangle and then matted with a piece of green paper.  I embossed with Swiss Dots and then mounted the cute bear with pumpkin image using mounting tape.

Honestly I was not going to make a card this week.  Right now I should be packing for a train trip to the Grand Canyon but decided I wanted to make a card for Ashley.  Hope I see some fall foliage because I have not seen any yet.  And I just got a phone asking if we could babysit the grandsons (ages 4 and 7) for son #2 who lives closeby.  Sure.  What more could one ask for in life grandkids and cardmaking. 

Paper - Neenah, SU! Green Galore
Copics - E07, 25, 27, 37, YR12, 14, 16, 18, G24, 28, Y17, BG10
Stamps - Sweet 'n Sassy "Rhubarb's Autumn Joys," Unity "Leafing Grateful"
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Die Cut - Lil Inker Triangle

7 comments:

  1. Your little pumpkin is adorable! And your granddaughter will love it! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the perfect card for your granddaughter, so cute. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet huggable bear!! SO cute!!

    Thanks for joining us this week in the FUN Pumpkin Cue at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aawww... how adorable! simple yet oh so sweet! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, Barbara ... such a lovely card to send to your grand-daughter ... I'm sure she'll love it! A train trip to the Grand Canyon? How awesome ... have fun! And enjoy the babysitting! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Barb! And what a nice idea to pay it forward. Your GD will treasure this card. I so agree with you on the best things in life being grandkids and cardmaking!! Have a wonderful time on your trip to the Grand Canyon! I hope you have fabulous weather and see tons and tons of fall color!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little pumpkin card...love that adorable bear holding the pumpkin and what a lovely scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete