
This card is for CASology's theme of "harvest." I selected this stamp set from Our Craft Lounge and chose several of the components. On watercolor paper I first stamped the corn and did this by coloring with SU! markers and then spritzing with water and letting this dry completely. Next I separately stamped the two baskets and the corn and heat embossed them. The coloring was done with markers and an aqua brush. I rub the marker on an acrylic block and pick the color up with the brush. This image was die cut and then embossed within the die cut (too much work). I mounted this piece onto another piece of watercolor paper. Separately I stamped and embossed the verbiage, from a different stamp set, cut it, scored it and punched a hole and attached with jute twine.
Thoughts: In the last few weeks I have made many cards in the fall/harvest theme and this is my favorite. I consider myself a copic gal but I so enjoy using the watercolor techniques and keep trying different methods. Heat embossing an image makes for controlled coloring. Since I was a young girl I have loved to color and thus the name of my blog. The spelling of colour was used to show my English birthplace and little did I know when I chose the spelling would I encounter so many Canadians and Brits - guess the joke is on me. I was born in England to an English mother and an American father (during WWII) but because of my father's citizenship I am an American.
Stamps: Our Craft Lounge (no longer in business) "Bountiful Harvest", Sweet 'n Sassy "Rhubarb's Autumn Joys" (verbiage)
Markers: SU! Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Pistachio Pudding, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Close to Cocoa
Other: Nestabilities Classic Square die cut, Versafine, watercolor paper, jute twine, embossing powder, Scor-pal
http://casology.blogspot.com/2013/10/week-64-harvest.html
.jpg)
What a wonderful scene, Barbara, the detailing is gorgeous ... the embossing within the die cut was definitely worth the hard work ... it frames the scene beautifully! I always wondered why you used the UK/Canadian spelling of colour ... now I know ...TFS! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful and elegant. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteI am just a plain, old stamp and colour girl, so I am in awe of the techniques you used on your image..
Caroline xxx
What a fabulous harvest theme card you made. I love the detailed coloring.
ReplyDelete