
The cue word for this week's CASology is paper. My first thought was paper dolls and as a young girl I made my own paper dolls and clothes. At the time my best friend was Deanna and we spent hours playing with paper dolls in her living room. Paper dolls was my very first craft and I have very fond memories of those happy times. Now many, many years later I have done numerous crafts from cross stitch to calligraphy and for the past seven or more years cardmaking. Since January I have participated in CASology and my first cards were far from clean and simple but along the way I think I "got it." The past month or so I played with watercolor techniques and it is my new love. So for this card I did not select paper dolls but instead chose watercolor paper.
I stamped with SU! writers a stamp image from MFT and used five of my all-time favorite SU! colors, tempting turquoise, old olive, ruby red, perfect plum and tempting turquoise. Next I used a new die cut from MFT "Paint Brushes" and made the paint brush. Lastly I stamped happy birthday with my favorite hb stamp and thought the cursive image suited the card.
So there you have it old paper favorites and new paper favorites that span more years than most of you little whipper-snappers.
Paper - Canson Water Color paper 90#, SU! Kraft, Basic Grey
Stamps - My Favorite Things "Abstract Art", Stampabilities "Happy Birthday 10"
Die Cut - My Favorite Things "Paint Brushes"
SU! Writers - Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Tempting Turquoise
.jpg)
Hi, Barbara! So glad to see you playing along again at CASology...this card is, once again, perfectly CAS and pretty! I love the watercolors, you have certainly mastered that technique. I also love hearing how your crafting skills have evolved over the years (didn't we all start out with paper dolls?!)! Thanks for joining us so faithfully at CSology each week!
ReplyDeleteI meant to write CASology...I really should proof-read my typing!
DeleteThank you for your kind words Judy and for last week's honorable mention.
DeleteA pretty perfect CAS card this week Barbara! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!
ReplyDeleteOh boy, I remember the days when we used to play with paper dolls!! I loved making my own dolls and dressing them up with clothes made from pages of old magazines!! (Do girls still play with paper dolls these days??) (and I also love doing cross stitch work and has also done calligraphy in the past!!)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, back to the present - your card is GREAT!! I love your choice of colors and the sentiment font is indeed perfect! You have really mastered doing CAS cards!