
This card is being submitted to CASology Week 59 with the cue word book. Like many I do not have a stamp with books so I had to put on my thinking cap. Recently I purchased a new magazine which had a free stamp and the issue had a phone stamp. So I came up with phone book or address book. I do use an address book and I keep one in my craft room.
First I typed the word "addresses" a few times in different fonts and then printed the page on my favorite kraft paper. I selected this great font "academy engraved" and chose 18 pt. font size and selected a brown/red color. Next I stamped the telephone stamp in black and heat embossed the image. I trimmed the image to a size that fit my base card and I cut a small strip for the left side of the book and scored a line. I placed the book on a piece on poster board but positioned it so a smidge of white showed on the top and the right side of the book. I used pop-ups but also added a small piece of mounting tape on the right side so that the book would not sit perfectly flat, as if the book had been opened a lot. Next I embossed the base cardstock with a medium size polka dot embossing folder like replicating the dial on the phone.
Paper - SU! Kraft
Stamp - Inky Doodles (free from Craft Stamper magazine)
Ink - Versafine
Embossing Folder - Quick Cuts Polka Dot Medium
http://casology.blogspot.com/2013/08/week-59-book.html
.jpg)
I love the way you put your thinking cap on for this one. You sure came up with a great idea. I love the embossing too.
ReplyDeleteI was just in your neck of the woods last weekend. It is so much hotter out here in Rancho Cucamonga … not used to this humidity.
This is a very clever take on this week's Cue Card! Love the clean design with all that white space! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!
ReplyDeleteVery clever!! love the vintage phone, and the embossing is FAB!!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for playing with us at CASology this week!!!
Now this is a clever take on the cue card this week! I love it! So glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!
ReplyDeleteThis is super clever, Barbara!! It's always so nice to make a card where you had to put a lot of thinking in!!
ReplyDelete